New York City Forensic Accounting
Our forensic and investigative accountants experts roll up their sleeves and dig deep to disclose the less obvious and hidden aspects of financial matters. We decipher and uncover transactions and personnel activities that may have intentionally or unintentionally adversely affected an individual, business, or organization. The clarity and credibility of our findings provide our clients with the evidence needed to pursue the truth. This process can employ one or more of the following techniques:
- Reviewing public records
- Conducting background investigations
- Interviewing knowledgeable parties
- Analyzing physical evidence to identify possible forgery and/or document alterations
- Surveilling and inspecting business premises
- Analyzing individual financial transactions or statements
- Reviewing business records to identify fictitious vendors, employees and/or business activities
What We Can Help You With
The role of our New York City forensic accounting team varies by project, circumstance, and purpose. We can help you with business transaction investigations, tax investigations, economic crime investigations, terrorist investigations, civil litigation support, and specialized audits. In divorce cases, we assist attorneys in identifying missing assets, transfers of funds, underreporting of sales and income, and searching for dissipation of marital assets.
Key Issues in Forensic Investigations
- Examine a specific transaction or group of transactions.
- Identify possible off-balance sheets or hidden assets.
- Detect possible fraud by applying analytical tools & techniques.